We are hiring principal architects in The San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Portland and New York.
This role is a leadership position in the company. Your role is to bring great design to our existing communities and and our mission is to bring world-class design to every home. This is an opportunity to create architecture that changes not just homes, but the housing system itself.
The company consists of a group of architects and contractors and a project management system that are revolutionizing architecture to be created on a personal level at scale. New Avenue's system drives an architect lead design/build process. We standardize the busy-work and management process in order to build trust and create options for more creative design and construction of homes. Current projects range from $100,000 to $3,000,000+ for single family homes. Over half of our plans are accessory dwellings. We are the leader in the movement towards reinventing existing homes to be more inclusive, flexible and modern.
The principal role is the lead design mind for our brand in your city. You will design additions, remodels, accessory dwellings and custom homes. Approximately 25% of your time will be spent on business development including working with our group of independent architects.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design, permitting and CA for custom residential projects.
- Managing all interactions with clients
- Providing proposals based on previous data, discussing design contracts and the design/build process.
- Interviewing, hiring and managing a team of junior designers.
- Recruiting new principal architects in other cities.
- Meeting with general contractors who are bidding our projects.
- Reviewing 10-15 new projects per month and accepting the ones that you feel you are the best fit for the project.
Compensation is market rate for a startup in San Francisco with stock, salary, and benefits for all employees.
- Completed residential projects.
- Happy past clients
- 8+ years experience.
- Maturity to work autonomously with little or no oversight.
- Maturity to work directly with owners who are trusting you with their life savings, hopes, and dreams.
- Technical skills (your choice what you use but you must be proficient and have completed CDs that demonstrate this.
- Design degree from a top university is preferred, and U.C. Berkeley is strongly preferred.
If you're curious, we want to talk. Licensed and non-licensed professionals may qualify. This is a full-time position. There is the opportunity to start part-time or on a contract basis.
Send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org