We have roles for Principal Architects and Principal Design Professionals across the country.
We are a group of architects, design professionals and general contractors that use technology to work together more efficiently, collaborate as a team for the entire design/build process, and make valuable and meaningful contributions to the built environment. We standardize and automate paperwork and data in order to build trust and enable the design and construction process. Current projects range from $100,000 to $12,000,000+.
This role is a leadership position in the company while maintaining the ownership of your own studio. Does that sound odd? It is. We are committed to supporting owners, not to building a firm with employees who grind it out and feed half their billings up to expensive rents and senior equity partners.
We have a large number of interesting projects starting every month. Your role is to lead the design of residential projects of all types and sizes.
The principal role is an autonomous independent design role with the support of our extensive network. You will design additions, remodels, accessory dwellings, custom homes and multifamily apartment buildings. Approximately 25% of your time will be spent on business development.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design of custom residential projects.
- Ownership of the client relationship.
- Providing proposals based on previous data, discussing design contracts and the design/build process.
- Interview, hire and manage one or two draftspeople.
- Networking with new principal architects in other cities.
- Meeting with general contractors who bid our projects.
- Reviewing 10-15 new projects per month and accepting the projects that you feel you are the best fit.
Compensation is competitive with stock, salary, and benefits for all employees.
- Completed residential projects.
- Happy past clients.
- 8+ years experience.
- Maturity to work autonomously with little or no oversight.
- Maturity to work directly with owners who are trusting you with their life savings, hopes, and dreams.
- Technical skills (your choice what you use but you must be proficient and have completed CDs that demonstrate this.
- Design degree from a great university is preferred.
Licensed and non-licensed professionals may qualify. This is a full-time position. There is the opportunity to start part-time or on a contract basis.
To apply, email an example of something interesting you've designed and built to email@example.com and tell us why that project is important.