We have roles for Principal Architects and Principal Design Professionals across the country.
We are a national collaborative of architects, design professionals and general contractors who are working together to solve the housing crisis. We built an in-house project management technology that educates clients, helps us collaborate as a team for the entire design/build process, and automates the administrative work such as proposals, CA, cost estimating, collections and contracts. Our transparent process builds trust and empowers the entire team: owners, architect, and builder. Current project budgets range from $100,000 to $6,000,000.
This role is both an ownership position in the company and ownership of your own studio, which you'll run as part of our larger network. We are committed to supporting each other as small business owners and getting all junior designers licensed and running their own studios as quickly as possible. We can get your own studio up and running in five years or less. We are not building a sweatshop that exploits junior talent to pay expensive office rents and senior partners.
We have a large number of interesting projects starting every month. Your role is to lead the design of residential projects of all types and sizes.
The principal role is an independent design role with the support of our extensive network. You will design additions, remodels, accessory dwellings, custom homes, and multifamily apartment buildings. Approximately 25% of your time will be spent on business development.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design of custom residential projects.
- Ownership of the client relationship.
- Providing proposals based on previous data, discussing design contracts and the design/build process.
- Interview, hire and manage one or two draftspeople.
- Networking with new principal architects in other cities.
- Meeting with general contractors who bid our projects.
- Reviewing 10-15 new projects per month and accepting the projects that you feel you are the best fit.
Compensation is competitive with company stock and profit sharing for all employees.
- Completed residential projects.
- Happy past clients.
- 8+ years experience.
- Maturity to work autonomously with little or no oversight.
- Maturity to work directly with owners who are trusting you with their life savings, hopes, and dreams.
- Technical skills (The technology you use is your choice, but you must be proficient and have completed CDs that demonstrate proficiency.)
- A design degree from a top university is a plus. Experience completing residential projects is critical.
Licensed and non-licensed professionals may qualify. This is a full-time position. There is the opportunity to start part-time or on a contract basis.
Mentoring available for intern architects. Sign-off on IDP hours.
To apply, email a resume or portfolio to email@example.com.